Hanoi, located on the banks of the Red River, is one of the most ancient capitals in the world, where travellers can find well-preserved colonial buildings, ancient pagodas, and unique museums within the city centre.
It ís a perfect blend of the exotic chic of old Asia and the dynamic face of new Asia, of Parisian grace and the Asian pace.
This city tour provides an overview of Hanoi, its people, and popular attractions, including Hoan Kiem Lake and Hanoi Old Quarter. ,the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, the Presidential Palace, and the Temple of Literature.
Your tour begins with hotel pickup in the morning for the drive to your first stop, the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. With your guide, discover the historical and architectural details of this final resting place of Vietnam's former leader- Ho Chi Minh.
- Next, check out One Pillar Pagoda, founded in 1049
-Visit Tran Quoc Pagoda at West Lake for a look at one of the country's oldest Buddhist pagodas
- See local pottery at Bat Trang village (Mon, Wed, and Fri only).
- After this, visit a restaurant for your set-menu lunch
- In the afternoon visit the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology (except Mon, Wed, and Fri), followed by a stop by the Temple of Literature and National University, Vietnam's first university, dating back to 1070. Admire its architecture and gardens before you're taken past the Lake of the Restored Sword (Hoan Kiem Lake) to admire its pretty setting and Ngoc Son (Temple of the Jade Mountain).
- Your last destination is the Old Quarter, where the streets are named for historical trades. With a history dating back to about the 13th century, the vibe and energy here is definitely unique.. For those who love cooking and Vietnamese food, combine them together and learn from the professionals at one of the many culinary classes around.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum is closed on Monday and Friday morning
- Bat Trang pottery village will be visited on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (without Ethnology Museum)
- Ethnology Museum will be visited on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday (without Bat Trang pottery village)
- Optional water puppet show or bicycle tour have a surcharge, payable directly to the tour operator
- Travelers not opting for the water puppet performance or bike tour will return to their hotels at approximately 4:30pm
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.